The new addition to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Land, has fans of both brands frolicking to the park in large numbers.
Toy Story Land is based off the Disney-Pixar franchise that stars Woody, Buzz, Jessie and the whole gang!
As you read this article you will learn 11 first timer tips to doing Toy Storyland like a pro!
Watch 5 Toy Story Land Tips Below
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO. Which means if you click on any of the links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the website and allows me to bring you more content. Thank you for your support!
11 Tips for Doing Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios
1 – PLAN AHEAD
There are days when the journey is sweeter with spontaneity; however, mapping out your day is a good way to make sure you’re able to enjoy each must do item. Route your path around Toy Story Land in advance by downloading a map online or on your phone. You can also chat with an authorized Disney vacation planner to help you make the most of your trip.
I recommend you get to the park gates at least an hour in advance. Once you’re in, make your way quickly to Slinky Dog Dash.
Watch Toy Story Land Walk through Below
My recommended Toy Story Land Itinerary for you:
- Go first thing in the morning
- Ride the Alien Swirling Saucer
- Hop over to Toy Story Mania!
- Redeem Slinky Dog FastPass+ using your MagicBand
- Explore the land
2 – BOOK A TOY STORY LAND FASTPASS ASAP
The FastPass+ system for the Disney Parks works on a tiered system. Since Toy Story Land is the new hot thing, all three rides are in the top tier placing the other rides in Hollywood Studios in the second tier.
This means you can choose one of the Toy Story Land rides plus you can add two of the other popular attractions at Hollywood Studios.
Since Slinky Dog Dash has a higher demand than Alien Swirling Saucers, my top advice for you is to try really hard to get a FastPass+ for Slinky Dog Dash. Check out my FastPass+ plus tips here for increasing your chances.
[alert alert_heading=”Hipster Power Tip: ” alert_text=”Don’t give up on your Slinky Dog Dash FastPass! Be persistent and you may grab one on the day of your visit!” alert_style=”alert-warning”/]
If you’re not able to get a Slinky Dog Dash FastPass, then you should be able to find an Alien Swirling Saucers reservation using my FastPass+ hack.
3 – GET TO TOY STORY LAND EARLY
We’ve all heard the saying…
“the early bird catches the worm, you snooze, you lose”
…so on and so on. It’s the classic tip for any theme park visitor, especially any Disney guest.
Coming early to Hollywood Studios will give you a chance to pace yourself by allowing you to enjoy every aspect of Toy Story Land. If you’re staying at an offsite Disney Resort, I recommend getting to the park at least 60 minutes early, giving ample time for parking and going through security.
Disney is also currently offering extra magic hours from 7-8 a.m. at Hollywood Studios for guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, so take advantage if this applies to you.
4- KNOW THE ATTRACTIONS AND RIDES AT TOY STORY LAND
There are 3 main attractions in Toy Story Land:
Slinky Dog Dash
The Slinky Dog Dash is based on the character, Andy, from the Toy Story series. This fun coaster shows you Andy’s journey of assembling his Mega Coaster Play Kit. Slinky Dog takes you on a wild, toy-filled adventure with the cute coils across Andy’s backyard!
You will bend and twist your way all throughout Andy’s newly assembled toy decorated with festive holiday lights, perfectly placed building blocks, and super cute wrangler Jessie welcoming you!
Slinky Dog Dash is a tame, but wacky coaster the whole family will enjoy and it’s actually lots of fun.
Try to ride Slinky Dog Dash multiple times if you can. The ride experience is different from each row, especially from the back.
Alien Swirling Saucers
Alien Swirling Saucers takes you on an interstellar, out-of-this-world party! Complete with Disney flavored techno music.
You spin into space on this much friendlier version of the Mad Tea Party based off the flying saucer play set Andy won at Pizza Planet.
Toy Story Mania!
Toy Story Mania! has been at Hollywood Studios for a decade. This is a point and “shoot” type arcade experience that takes you through carnival games. Toy Story Mania! places you inside Andy’s room through a toy treasure chest of classics such as Candyland® game box, Viewmaster® discs, crayon drawings and more all in the queue.
You then pick up a pair of special 3D glasses for more fun.
On Toy Story Mania! you play 5 unique, virtual carnival games. As each game is completed, your Carnival Ride Tram will quickly rotate and slide onto the next game.
- Game 1: Hamm & Eggs
Goal is to knock down both moving and stationary barnyard animal targets using hardboiled eggs
- Game 2: Rex & Trixie’s Dino Darts
Objective is to launch darts and pop balloons in front of a bubbling volcano
- Game 3: Green Army Men Shoot Camp
On this game you use baseballs to break plates at a green army man firing range
- Game 4: Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers
With the help of Buzz Lightyear you toss rings and make them land atop the Little Green Men
- Game 5: Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery
Goal is to shoot suction-cup-tipped darts at a variety of mine-cart
5- SEE TOY STORY LAND AT NIGHT
The whole area of Toy Story Land is much different at nighttime. Once the sun goes down, the toys come to life.
At least in my imagination…
Slinky Dog Dash Christmas lights strung over the ride invites you to get lost in Andy’s backyard. The area truly takes on a life of its own. So, make it a priority to see this land in both the morning and at night. This will give you the opportunity to see all the details during the day and all the magical radiance at night.
6 – EAT ALL THE FOOD IN TOY STORY LAND
There is only one restaurant located inside Toy Story Land. It’s called Woody’s Lunch Box. Disney’s goal is to take you inside Andy’s lunch box that has now turned it into a backyard walk-up window serving classic childhood treats.
Woody’s Lunch Box Menu
- Raspberry Lunch Box Tart – Raspberry Marmalade stuffed Pastry coated in a Strawberry Fondant and Crispy Pearls – $3.29
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart – Chocolate-Hazelnut stuffed Pastry coated in Maple Fondant and Candied Bacon – $3.29
- Breakfast Bowl- Hearty portion of Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions – $8.49
- S’more French Toast Sandwich– Marshmallow and Chocolate Ganache stuffed in Grilled Custard soaked Brioche encrusted with Graham Cracker Crumbs- $7.99
- Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich– Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Melted Swiss Cheese, Sautéed Green Pepper, Onions and Scrambled Eggs on Grilled Sourdough- $7.49
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait– Pineapple, Strawberries and Banana between layers of Vanilla Yogurt and Honey topped with Granola and Dark Chocolate Chips- $5.99
- Potato Barrels- $3.49
- Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese– Three individually packaged 100% natural semi-soft Original Flavor Cheese- $3.49
- Cheese Sauce– $1.00
- S’more French Toast Sandwich- Sandwich Half with Marshmallow and Chocolate Ganache stuffed in Grilled Custard soaked Brioche encrusted with Graham Cracker Crumbs served with a Mandarin Orange and Potato Barrels with your choice of Beverage– $5.99
- Breakfast Bowl– Potato Barrels smothered in Smoked Brisket Country Gravy, Scrambled Eggs and a sprinkling of Green Onions served with a Mandarin Orange and Potato Barrels with your choice of Beverage- $5.49
- Smoked Turkey Breakfast Sandwich– Sandwich Half with Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Melted Swiss Cheese, Sautéed Green Pepper, Onions and Scrambled Eggs on Grilled Sourdough served with a Mandarin Orange and Potato Barrels with your choice of Beverage- $5.49
Lunch and Dinner
- BBQ Brisket Melt- Sliced Smoked Brisket, Pickles and tangy BBQ Sauce between melted Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheeses on Grilled Sourdough– $12.99
- Monte Cristo- Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Ham, Raspberry Marmalade, Dijon Mustard and Melted Swiss Cheese on Grilled Custard soaked Brioche– $11.49
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich- Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Lettuce and Tomato with Dijonnaise spread served chilled on Sunflower Multigrain– $9.99
- Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich– Melted Provolone and Cheddar Cheeses with a Cheddar Cream Cheese Spread on Garlic Buttered Grilled Artisan French Bread- $8.99
- “Totchos”– Potato Barrels coated with Beef and Bean Chili, Shredded Cheese and signature Queso with Tomatoes and Corn Chips finished with Sour Cream and a sprinkle of Green Onions- $8.99
- Tomato-basil Soup- $3.69
- Potato Barrels- $3.49
- Vegetable Macaroni Salad- Macaroni tossed with Onion, Red and Green Peppers, Cucumber, Diced Tomato, Green Olive and Italian Dressing– $2.99
- Mini Babybel® Snack Cheese- Three individually packaged 100% natural semi-soft Original Flavor Cheese– $3.49
- Cheese Sauce– $1.00
- Turkey Sandwich- Sandwich Half with Thick-sliced Smoked Turkey Breast, Lettuce and Tomato with Dijonnaise spread delivered chilled on Sunflower Multigrain served with a Mandarin Orange, Potato Barrels and your choice of Beverage– $6.79
- Grilled Cheese– Sandwich Half with Melted Provolone and Cheddar Cheeses with a Cheddar Cream Cheese Spread on Garlic Buttered Grilled Artisan French Bread served with a Mandarin Orange, Potato Barrels and your choice of Beverage- $5.99
- Mystic Portal Punch- POWERade® Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of Lemon-Lime and Tangerine– $4.49
- Mystic Portal Punch – Souvenir Alien Sipper- POWERade® Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of Lemon-Lime and Tangerine served in a Souvenir Alien Sipper– $16.19
- Ice Cream Float with Barq’s® Root Beer- made with Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream– $4.99
- Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee® – French Roast– Artisan Roasted Coffee Beans blended with flavors of Chocolate with a Smoky finish featuring Joffrey’s Coffee® perfectly steeped in water at cool temperatures for an extended period of time to create a smooth cup of Cold Brew Coffee- $3.79
- Cold Brew Joffrey’s Coffee® – Shakin’ Jamaican– Artisan Roasted Coffee Beans blended with Caramel, Vanilla and Smoky flavors featuring Joffrey’s Coffee® perfectly steeped in water at cool temperatures for an extended period of time to create a smooth cup of Cold Brew Coffee- $3.79
- Grown-Up’s Lemonade- Three Olives Cherry Vodka, odwalla® All-Natural Lemonade and Black Cherry Purée– $9.25
- Blue Moon Belgian White Ale – Golden, CO- Draft Beer 22 oz – easy and refreshing with light notes of Citrus and Spice with low bitterness– $8.50
- Blue Moon Belgian White Ale – Golden, CO- Draft Beer 16 oz – easy and refreshing with light notes of Citrus and Spice with low bitterness– $7.25
- Bud Light Lager – St. Louis, MO- Draft Beer 22 oz – golden colored with flavors that are dry, clean, crisp and refreshing with subtle bitterness– $8.00
- Bud Light Lager – St. Louis, MO- Draft Beer 16 oz – golden colored with flavors that are dry, clean, crisp and refreshing with subtle bitterness– $6.75
- Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider – Cincinnati, OH- Draft 22 oz – sweet and refreshing, a favorite since Colonial times– $9.25
- Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Hard Cider – Cincinnati, OH– Draft 16 oz – sweet and refreshing, a favorite since Colonial times- $8.00
7 – USE MOBILE ORDERING AT WOODY’S LUNCH BOX
To avoid the huge line that aggregates in front of Woody’s Lunch Box, I recommend utilizing mobile ordering. This one tip will save you time and allow you to maximize your day in Toy Story Land. Read this post on how to use Disney Mobile Ordering for your trip.
8 – SHOP YOUR HEART OUT
Make sure you take a look at all the super cool Toy Story Land merchandise. There’s so much to choose from ranging from Buzz Lightyear toys, colorful t-shirts, and even SLINKY DOG EARS!
9 – EXPLORE TOY STORY LAND
Although there are just three rides, there still is so much to see and do. New Instagram worthy photo spots, popsicle stick benches, unique placement of toys, a Green Army Men presentation, and hidden Mickeys throughout the land.
Don’t forget to meet Woody, Buzz and Jessie. They are happy to greet you and have fun with you throughout Toy Story Land.
10 – BEAT THE TOY STORY LAND HEAT
Summertime at Walt Disney World is like no other theme park, especially if you’re a resident of an area that experiences mild summers. You will definitely be taken aback by the hot, humid, indescribable weather that Florida is known for.
When you add: FLORIDA SUMMER + DISNEY + CROWDS = FRUSTRATION!
There’s basically no shaded area inside Toy Story Land unless you count the tables at Woody’s Lunch Box, which you will most likely need to have food in order to sit there on a busy day.
Here are a few tips to remember to beat the heat:
- Stay hydrated
- Bring lots of water
- Have sunscreen
- Pack frozen wet wipes and keep cool in small lunch bag
- Have an umbrella to block the sun
You can read the full article for ways to beat the Florida theme park heat here!
11 – HAVE FUN!
You’re really going to have a great time, so try not to stress too much if you find yourself spending lots of time discovering all the nooks and crannies. There’s always something going on in Toy Story Land that will bring great delight to your heart.
Overall, have a plan, get to the parks early, book your FastPass+, and ride Slinky Dog Dash first if you can’t get a FastPass+ reservation.
You’re now loaded with all of the tips to conquering Toy Story Land. What tip do you think is the most helpful for planning a day inside the new area?
Leave your comment below!
Want more theme park tips? Check out the theme park tips page. If you’re thinking about going to a theme park alone, then read the top 18 tips. Are you planning a Disney vacation soon? Read the Disney Vacation Planning Guide for your next dream trip!
Don’t forget to discover the magical and mysterious Disney adventure of Pandora – The World of Avatar at Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.
Get more of your Disney questions answered below:
- What to pack for a Theme Park?
- How to have a FREE Disney experience?
- Where to find cheap Disney tickets?
- Are Disney pools heated?
- What are the best times to go to Disney?
- Where are Disney Parks Located?
- Ways to do Walt Disney World on a Budget?
- How Much Does It Cost to Park at Walt Disney World Parks?
- Is the Magic Kingdom for Adults?
- What are Tips for Going to a Theme Park Alone?
- How to Plan for a Solo Day at a Theme Park?
For more theme park news, discounts, tips and guides, subscribe to the newsletter!
View Toy Story Land Photo Gallery
Until next time, Happy Park Hopping Hipsters!